Saturday, June 4, 2011

What did I just watch? Entry 5: Dragon Half ending

I've talked about Japanese openings before, but they also make really good endings too. Most of the time they're somber and reflect on the more emotional side of the show. And some times they're like this:
 This is from Dragon Half. A 7 volume manga turned show about Mink who is half dragon and half human. I never read the manga and it's been years since I've seen the anime, so I'm a little fuzzy on details. I do remember that Mink wanted a potion to become fully human so she can marry a dragon slayer. But the anime only lasted 2 episodes. I guess it aired on Fox's Japanese affiliate. Anyway back to the video. The song is called "My Omelette" and is sung by Minks Japanese voice actress. You can read the lyrics here. And yes. That is Beethoven's 7th symphony as the background music for a song about making lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment