Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My favorite anime openings. Part 1

Oh Japan.No other place can create such polarizing shows. Anime is something you ether love or hate. Or love to hate. Or hate to love. And then when you bring in subs vs. dubs, well I'm just glad there hasn't been an out and out war over anime yet. Whichever side you stand on, I think we can all agree on is that Japan can make some awesome openings to there shows. So I thought I would take this chance to talk about some of my favorites. Well, at least the ones I can think of right now.

1: Bleach opening 1: Asterisk by Orange Range

Created by Tite Kubo, Bleach is the storie of Ichigo Kurosaki fighting evil spirits called hallows, and then a lot more stuff happens that I don't have room to explain here. I love this one becase it captures the pop-art feel of the mangas title pages. Offten times the opening to a show has very little to with the feel, theme or idea of the show and is instead just a way to showcase more actin. By haveing the pop-art  feel be recreated here, it brings it one step closer to the sorce material makes it very unique.


2: One Piece opening 13: One Day by The Rootless


What can I say about One Piece that hasn't been said already? It is a genies, heartfelt, funny, awesome, well written and just plane good series. Eiichiro Oda, thank you so much for your hard work. In fact part of the reasones I love this opening  is that it shows off Odas brilliant character designs. It also has a beautiful song and the imigry is quite touching if you know whats happening between Luffy and his brother Ace in the show around the time this aired. A great opening for a great show. The only thing left to say is, hurry up with the DVDs Funimation! I need my fix!

3: Get Backers opening 2: Barairo No Sekai by Pierrot


 Get Backers is a show about to down on there luck friends who run a recovery agency. (they "Get Back" stuff) Ban has the "Evil Eye" (aka Jagan) that allows him to create illusions while Ginji controls lightning. It was cool show with lots of interesting characters and story lines. In a loose sense it's kinda like the X-Men, if they were gang members and there was no Charles xavier. As for the opening, I love it. I just plane love it. The images, the color, the way the shooting stars fall in the beginning to the beat, the sword fights at the end. And the song. I love that song! I have listened to that song hundreds of times since I first saw this. I just love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment