Monday, October 31, 2011

Disney and the mystical spheres.

Hey cluckers. Thought I had left huh? Well I hate to disappoint you, but I'm still here!
And since it's Halloween, I thought I would talk about  an old candy product from my childhood.
A chocolate shell around an inedible plastic ball with smaller pieces of plastic inside? 
What could go wrong with that?
Well a lot apparently, as these were only on shelves for about a month before being recalled.
But I was able to get my hands one a few of them while they were around.
As you can see, one of the mane appeals of the toys was there since of scale.
There were 24 toys in "Series 1" and it was released when Hercules was in first in theaters, so most of the toys are form that movie.
The other toys were from 101 Dalmatians, Aladdin and The Lion King.
Each set had a different gimmick. While the Hercules toys were mostly static figures, The Lion King toys had detailed feet that could be used as stamps.
While the 101 Dalmatians had a rolling, action, moving, thing.
Sorry, my vocabulary is usually bigger then this. Just take a look for yourself.
Party music not included.
I don't know if the Aladdin series had a gimmick since I only ever got The Genie.
After the recall, Nestle  reworked it and re-released it as 'Nestle Wonder Ball.'

It was still a hollow chocolate ball, but now it was filled with ether Disney shaped Swee Tarts or 'Chewy Candys,' whatever they were. There was still a prize, but much less interesting then before.
Inside the box was eather
A sticker,
a 'hologram,'
or a temporary tattoo.
Take note that the 'Collect them all!' text is most likely part of the tattoo, like kids want that on there arm.
The only thing I have left to talk about is this:
It was the topping of a tube of Wonder Balls I got for Christmas.
It had stickers of Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy and Pluto inside it.
That's all I can really say about this. 
But I would be remiss if I didn't mention that this was kinda the American answer to the Kinder Surprise in a way. So why is that A-OK, but possession of this is worthy of a felony? 
Are they more lax then America, our are we too uptight?
Either way, I'm Dollar Ben, and Happy Thanksgiving. Since that's when my next post will probably be up.

No comments:

Post a Comment