Saturday, November 26, 2011

My stupid Disney figures.

Hey Cluckers. I'm back mostly on schedule. Hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving and safe Black Friday. I decided to get over this stupid writers block by going to an old favorite: Dumb Action Figures! As both a Disney fan and professional Californian, I have frequented the parks many times. And have walked away with the odd (in more ways then one) souvenir. So today I give you one the weirdest and most obscure sets of toys I own.
I give to you:
Disney Tronics: GvE!
Yes, a toy line that can best be described as Kingdom Hearts Gundams.
I can not remember the year I bought these in, but it was at least 3 years ago. They wear sold in packs of 2. One Good, one Evil, hence the GvE. I am missing one set. It was Prince Philip and the dragon form of Maleficent. But let's look at the ones I do have.

Sorcerer Mickey vs Chernabog
First off, we have the two most recognizable characters from Fantasia.
Each figure comes with a personal weapon. Mickey here has a bucket with, laser water I guess.
Chernabog has a hand flame. 
Also, in the movie, Chernabog was bigger then a mountain! A robot is a step down for him.

Stitch vs Captain Gantu
From the Si-Fi epic Lilo & Stitch, we have the genetically modified alien Experiment 626 and the knight templar space caption, Gantu.
Stitch here dose not have a weapon, but he does have four arms.
Gantu has a laser gun. 
The two also have the advantage of actually fitting the giant robot motif.

Simba vs Scar
The Lion King against the scorned prince! 
Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock! 
On another note, I have no idea how a lion can pilot a giant robot.
Simba here has a shield.
And so does Scar.

Beast vs Gaston
Yes, but who is the true beast? I'll give you a hint, it's Gaston.
Beast has a giant candlestick for a weapon. Why?
And Gaston has a crossbow. Which he never used in the movie! Nice work.

The big question is of course, how did this come about? Well according to the package, they were made by Doctor Frankenollie, the mad doctor from Runaway Brain. That's a, very odd choice for a backstory.
Well anyway, that's all for now. Till next time, I'm Dollar Ben, and that's my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment