Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May 16th, 2011. The day I lost faith in humanity.

I had read the news that day. I didn't believe it. My mind refused to accept it. But as the day went on, the reality of it sank in. Questions formed in my head. How did this happen? Why did this happen? Who let this happen? I felt like my life was spiraling out of control.
Unable to cope, I started walking, not paying to attention to were I was going. Soon I found myself at the cliffs overlooking the ocean. I stood there, thinking if there was anything left for me in this world. As I listened to the waves pound against the cliff walls, I prepared to throw myself into their cold embrace. 
"What are you doing at this time of night?" A voice called to me, braking me from my trance. It was a girl who went by the name of Adelaide. Even though we barely knew each other, I felt like she was the only person I could confide in right now. "I'm just thinking about life, and if it's worth it. Now that the news has come." "What news could be that bad?" She asked with genuine concern. She hadn't heard, and now I would be the one to tell her. I looked into her eyes, trying to hold back the despair in my voice. "Seth MacFarlane is getting a fourth show." She looked at me in disbelief, and then joined me at the cliff.

No comments:

Post a Comment