Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My stupid Star Wars figures.

Star Wars. One of the biggest cash cows this side of the Milky Way. Who doesn't like them? And by "them" I mean the first three. I mean the last three... The ones with Mark Hamill in them. Well in any case I do. Around the relese of "Revenge of the Sith" I really got into collecting the action figures.
Hasbro had a pretty big line for "Revenge," and the next year was The Saga Collection with figures from all the movies plus the expanded universe. Then the next year was the 30th anniversary set were each figure came with a collectors coin. And then I ran out off room on my shelf. But it was fun while it lasted.
However, with every hobby comes some regrets.So let's take a look at the worst of my collection.

Before we begin I want to apologize for the crappy picture quality. I'll try to get a better camera then my phone next time.

It's a giant praying mantis in a dress.Why did I buy it? Because it's a giant praying mantis in a dress.Why is it on this list? Because it's a giant praying mantis in a dress. Why would you make this? For people like me who like to complain about stuff they bought of there own free will knowing full well what it was I guess.


Vader's Medical Droid
Now this figure is not that bad, but it cost the same as all the others! This is something you get in a playset or bundled with another figure! I payed 7 bucks for this thing! I think I'm going to be sick.


Ok, this a bit unfair on my part. this is a good figure for the most part. It's a cool character, it has a nice sculpt, good attention to details, very limited articulation though (only his arms and right elbow move). So why is he on this list? Simple. He came with a stand he can't use (his feet have no holes for the pegs) and a lightsaber he can't hold (both his hands are to big). Bravo Hasbro. Bravo. You deserve the loudest sarcastic clap I can give you.


GNK & Treadwell Droids
Yeah. I paid money for these Happy Meal rejects. At least they came bundled together. Let's move on. This is just making me depressed. And man did I save the "best" for last.


Horribly Burned Anakin Skywalker
Holy crap! This is horrifying. Hasbro, when we said we wanted movie accurate toys, we didn't expect you to be so creepy about it! And it gets even better. The arms and head are removable so they can be swapped out with non burned versions (and he has a cloak to hide the rest of the body) and the legs can be removed just below the knee! Can you imagine a parent getting this for there kid? "Look Billie, I found a Anakin toy, just like you wanted. What are you crying for? I thought you liked Star Wars."
Well thats all for now. I have a bunch more where that came from, so I'll probably do this again some time. Maybe one on the 10 Darth Vaders that I have. Until next time, I am Dollar Ben, and I need a catch phrase.

1 comment:

  1. "I am Dollar Ben, and I need a catch phrase."

    sounds like you already have one :)

    ReplyDelete