Wednesday, February 9, 2011

5 Cartoons that deserve a come back.

We all have old and not so old shows that we love that have gone off the air. Nowadays though, there all getting remade. So what I want to know is, WHEN ARE MY FAVORITE SHOWS GETTING REMADE? Now this a not a "Top 5 list," nor are these my actual top 5. There just 5 shows, listed in chronological order, of shows that I think are deserving of a secend chance.
Number 5: Jabberjaw
From Hanna-Barbera, this show ran from 1976 to 1978 in an atemp to follow up on Scoobie-Doos "Animal and teens solve mysteries" bit. Honestly, I've only seen like 2 episodes years ago, and didn't care that much for it. So why is it on my list? Well if they bring it back, I have one stipulation. I want it based off this Cartoon Network Groovie:
Well, other then being on a lunchbox that is. Make it a little more action based and throw in some self deprecating humor about trying to stay relevant and I think we have a winner.

Number 4: BraveStarr


The last show made by Filmation (of He-Man fame) before closing down. It stared Galactic Marshall BraveStarr who could call on spirit animals to give him super sight, speed, strength and hearing protecting the planet New Texas from bandits trying to steal the rare mineral kerium. I loved this show as a kid. And if you can give me a reason this idea can't work today, I'd love to hear it. I mean the guy has a rifle wielding cyborg horse! What more could you want?!


Number 3: Samurai Pizza Cats
Made by Tatsunoko in 1990 and brought to America the next year by Saban. The only problim was that the translators never got the scripts. So they did next best thing and basically made there own abridged series. This was the first show I ever got oppressed over.It was my Star Trek. Bring it back with the American sense of humor and a little of the original Japanese more serious plots and I would be all over it! As an added bonus, here is the intro to Kyatto Ninden Teyandee:

Number 2: Freakazoid
The fourth (if you count Pinky and the Brain) of The WBs "Steven Spielberg presents" line of shows premiered in 1995. The age old story of a nerd who gets sucked into the internet and becomes a superhero. But this show makes it fresh again.

Number 1: O'Grady


Now this is a hard one. Made by Soup2Nuts, (of Home Movies fame) the show aired on The N (now Teen Nick) from 2004 to 2006 for 2 seasons and a total of 19 episodes. But because it's so obscure, I can't even find the intro for this post! But you can find the website for it here or buy the episodes on iTunes. O'Grady is a town that is home to "The Weirdness." A supernatural event that causes strang and random things to happen. Like people becoming magnetic in "Magnets," Having there inner monologue manifest itself as a thought balloon in "Bubble Heads," telaporting when yawning in "Robo-Babies" and consistently having to urinate in "Vacation." Actually, just skip that episode. It had a fun premise, good characters and an edge that a lot of other cartoons don't have. Shame it lasted for such a short time.

No comments:

Post a Comment