Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Stupid game names

Being the masterful gamer that I am, I have seen some good games, bad games, weird games and just plain stupid games. But this isn't about the games, this is about the names of games. Let's take a look at what I think are some of the worst game names (that I can think of right now).

No it's not pronounced 'Ex two,' it's pronounced 'Ten two.' Now I know the Final Fantasy games are more of an anthology then anything and are not directly tied to each other so a sequel to one of them could be called this, but still, it just sounds stupid. Just add a subtitle. How about Final Fantasy X: Yana's Quest. Or Final Fantasy X: Super Dress Adventure. Or most accurately: Final Fantasy X: You Will Never Get 100% On Your Own So Don't Even Bother And Go Buy A Guide I Think You Get A Discount If You Buy It At The Same Time As The Game. Just a thought.
Oh, but the worst part of all this? THEY'RE DOING IT AGAIN!

Ahh yes, the Final Fantasy fighting game. Pretty cool idea and really fun. (even though FFVII gets 4 charicters while VI and IX only get 2. Seriously, where's the love for IX?!) But you want us to say 'duodecim' instead of 'Oh Twelve' or just 'Twelve?' How pretenses can you get?

Gundam Gundam Gundam. Gundam Gundam, Gundam Gundam. Gundam Gundam Gundam Gundam? Gundam Gundam Gundam.

Nintendo, I love you. But, just read that tittle out loud. I, I just don't know what you where thinking when you named it that. Maybe this.

Well that's enough negativity for one day. Let's finish this off with one of the best game names I have ever seen:

Seriously, if you can't figure out whats so great about this, you need help.
Update 7/29/11: Well, it looks like I've been one-upped.

I'll see you later everyone. I hope you enjoyed my little list. If you disagree, just remember that it's just my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment