Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My stupid Star Wars figures strike back.

You (might have) asked for it, and you got it! More waste of plastic! More useless accessories! More horrible disfigurement! More snarky commentary! And the same crappy picture quality as last time! (I'm getting a new camera soon, promise.)


Let's start with one of the oldest figures I have.

I bought this at a Blockbuster video a year or so before the 20th anniversary re-release. Now this figure is not stupid because of "who" it portrays, but "how" it portrays it. Because according to this figure, R5 had a missile launcher in him the whole time.
To bad that wasn't cannon. Would have made the escape from the Death Star a lot easier. At least the inside has some nice detailing.

Flailing Anakin Skywalker
When episode III came out, a lot of the figures had some really lame "action" features. Once they got to "The Saga Collection" they stopped with these for the most part just made very detailed toys instead. After you see this, you'll be glad they did.
Hmmm... That doesn't look like Form V style to me.

Unenthusiastic Darth Vader
You want to know why this is on the list? Two reasons. 1: I can't get the light to catch on it right. And 2: This is it's "action" feature:
You really outdid yourself Hasbro. Now I know what you are all yelling at the screen right now. "You loser, it's probably just broken." HAH! Well the jokes on you! Because somehow in my drunken fanboy stupor, I bought two of them!
And the one I showed you is the one that works the best. Nows who's the loser? Well, I guess it's still me. Hmm. Moving on.

Exploding General Grievous
Oh General Grievous, you were unbefrekenlievably amazing in Clone Wars, only to turn into Dick Dastardly in the movie. Sigh. Such is life. Full of disappointments. Well the figure looks nice at least.
Although he could use a little meat on those bones. Now for the highlight of the figure, the Earth shattering kaboom!
Again, such is life.
Oh, and he also has a translucent green blob of guts inside him. Classy Hasbro. Classy.

Tortured Han Solo
Now heres a fun toy. I mean just think of all the scenes you can reinact with it!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Hours of fun for the whole family! And look at that face.
Who wouldn't want to let there kid play with this? You really are a class act Hasbro.

Well thats all for now. No clever outro this time, but I did come up with a catch phrase. "I'm Dollar Ben, and that's my two cents." What do you think? Well who asked you anyway?!

1 comment: